Laman

Friday, September 24, 2010

An outstanding Belgian House

Almost every week I pass a beautiful house, that was built about 3 years ago. I love this kind of manors, built with reclaimed materials as the bricks and the roof tiles here.

I never was able to get a glimpse of the backyard of the house when passing by! So I was thrilled when I discovered a photo shoot of this house in the Belgian magazine “Home”.

13

Front side of the house.

 

1

The backyard.

I have always loved the combination of a part of the house built with unpainted brick walls and another part of the thouse that has painted walls.

 

2

The house counts a lot of beautiful  architectural details, such as …

 

4

…this doorway…                             

11

…with of course the Belgian blue stone that can’t be lacking!

 

6

  Don’t you love this French inspired attic window?

 

12

 

10 

9

 

17

 

5

Detail of the wrought iron front gate.

 

3

Gorgeous orangerie window.

 

8

Let’s take a look inside!

14

Living room with built-in cabinet. I certainly would replace that coffee table! In my opinion this wooden table is too much in combination with the parquet floor and the wooden cabinet. I would choose for a steel base for this table.

 

18

The entry hall with the staircase.

15

Love that blue-grey color on the walls in combination with the floor tiles.

 

19

Orangerie used as dining room.

 

20

 

24

Typical Belgian styled kitchen.

 

21

View towards the dining room.

 

22

A glimpse of the bedroom I might think. It was not mentionned in the magazine.

23

 

25

Attic window seen from inside the house.

 

This house is built by VLASSAK-VERHULST, a Belgian company that builts exclusive, outstanding villas.

If you enjoyed this house tour and if you would love to see more of beautiful Belgian houses, visit their website www.vlassakverhulst.be.

I wish you all a wonderful Autumn weekend!

xx

Signature

All images : Magazine Home Sweet Home editie 67 Lente 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER
If you are the copyright owner of any of these articles or image and don't want me to share them, please, write comments on pages and I will gladly remove them.