Laman

Friday, April 23, 2010

A thank you, a tag and a Belgian farmhouse

First of all I want to thank all of you for the nice comments on my blogpost about our outbuilding! I really appreciate that a lot!

It is so nice to read that you all are so interested in what Jan and me are working on. Now you motivated me going on gardening and to finish the decoration of the outhouse!

A second thank today is for Inger Helen from the beautiful Norwegian blog Karnashus ! This week she wrote a post where she posted a few pictures of my outbuilding and so a lot of her readers came to visit my blog! A lot of Scandinavian bloggers are followers of my blog now!

Welcome to all of you new friends!

Among these readers are even bloggers who also have a beautiful blog. I have visited a few of them the last days and I am sure I will keep going on to visit the others the coming days.

If you want to read this post of Inger, click on the picture below.

Karnas Hus

Thank you so much Inger!

 

Sharon from the wonderful My French Country Home blog tagged me this week! She asked me to post the 10th photo on my computer and to tell about it.My French Country Home

Discovering the 10th photo on my computer files, it was not that interesting , so I decided to post another one which was a bit further in that same file and which has always been one of my favorites!

Anthony and my dad

My dad together with my son Anthony, making a birdcage in our working places. This picture was taken in August 1999. Anthony was 3,5 years old. And it was 2 years before my father passed away. Anthony was the first grandchild and there was a  very close band between those two! This picture is always giving me a warm feeling and a lot of good memories!

 

A BELGIAN FARMHOUSE

I am sure that, while enjoying these pictures, you will recognize the style of our Belgian designer Axel Vervoordt.

Of course you will, because this house is of his son Dick Vervoordt and his family.

The house is located only a few miles away from the city centre of Antwerp.

 

Foto 1Father and son together renovated this old farmhouse into a real charming family home.

 

Foto 3

 

 

Foto 9

The pilars at the veranda are made of pinewood tree-trunks found in the garden.

 

Foto 2

Foto 6

The seats are of the Home Collection of Axel Vervoordt.

Foto 5 Dick Vervoordt at his home office.

 

Foto 8

Notice the weathered oak floor.

 

Foto 7 A beautiful still life of objects from the Chinese Han-period.

 

Foto 10

What do you think about this gorgeous sink?!

It is made of an old Portuguese 17th or 18th century fisherman’s counter.

Foto 11 The kitchen with the sink and an ancient French dining table.

 

Foto 12

A detail of the sink.

 

Foto 14 The dining room with a Home Collection table of the Vervoordts.

Foto 13

On that black and white picture standing on the table you can see the castle of ‘s Gravenwezel.

Foto 15

The family is surrounded with beautiful objects as this Indian stone.

Foto 18

This room reminds me of the white room at the castle of Axel Vervoordt.

 

Foto 16

Foto 17

 

Foto 4

Dick and his family.

 

Hope you all will have a wonderful weekend!

xx

Greet

Images of the farmhouse : all scanned from the Magazine MTC, issue 2 - 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER
If you are the copyright owner of any of these articles or image and don't want me to share them, please, write comments on pages and I will gladly remove them.